ST. CHARLES – There will be a final chance for those looking to grab a piece of the historic Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles.
Last month, thousands of items from the resort, which closed its doors in March after 57 years of being in operation, were auctioned off as part of a four-day online auction. The finale of the online auction recently began at grafeauction.com.
Everything from dishes to Pheasant Run throw pillows are being auctioned off. According to Grafe Auction's website, more than 700 additional items are offered.
The online auction will end Sept. 16. The public will be able to preview and inspect items from 3 to 6 p.m. Sept. 15. For questions, call or text Judd Grafe at 507-254-1184.
The resort closed its doors March 1 after a failed attempt to auction off the resort. The resort opened in February 1963 and was annexed by the city in 1965.
Edward McArdle opened Pheasant Run Resort in 1963 on land that previously was a dairy farm owned by Col. Edward Baker. Florida-based St. Charles Resort wants to divide the 46.13 acres located at the southeast corner of Route 64 and Kautz Road into three commercial lots. The Mega Center and the adjacent parking field are lot one. Lot two consists of the former resort buildings. Lot three is the mostly undeveloped corner parcel at Main Street and Kautz Road. Speculation has been that a car dealership plans to purchase the 35,000-square-foot Mega Center, which opened in 1985 and served as event space for Pheasant Run.