Virtual First Fridays will continue on June 5 as Aurora Downtown invites the community to heal with art, music and other activities.
Join a Virtual First Fridays Happy Hour via Zoom from 4 to 5 p.m. Tune in with a beverage, and enjoy Aurora trivia and giveaways from downtown businesses. View the Facebook invite for Zoom link.
Participate in “Chalk with Pride” all weekend long as Aurora Downtown celebrates pride month. Community members are invited to chalk sidewalks and driveways, and share photos on social media.
Tune into participating Facebook pages and visit Aurora Downtown on Facebook for shared content throughout the night.
• Waubonsee Community College will offer its online gallery for “Skyway Selections Spring 2020.” The gallery can be viewed anytime online. [www.facebook.com/waubonsee]
• Aurora Public Library will present “Aurora Proud: Faces and Stories,” a virtual photo exhibit at 5:30 p.m.; it then offers “Rainbow Storytime” for children of all ages via Zoom from 6 to 6:30 p.m., and live jazz with the Jeff Ford Quintet on Facebook from 7 to 8 p.m. Reserve story-time spots by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. [www.facebook.com/APLibraryIL]
• Crystal House tentatively will present “Love From Aurora in Crystal,” which will offer free engraving for Father’s Day (name and date) from 5 to 7 p.m. Shop Aurora treasures sand-carved in glass and crystal online. Paintings by Chaz Nieponski will be displayed. Confirm participation at its Facebook page.
• DeCari To Go will be live with “Mangiafest” featuring upcoming summer dishes and Kurt the Music Man from 5 to 6 p.m.
• AKA Dance invites the community to “Show Us Your Rainbow.” Find or create a rainbow in your everyday life and tag AKA Dance and Aurora Downtown on Facebook or Instagram. One randomly selected entry will receive 20% off one summer class at AKA Dance. [www.facebook.com/akadancestudio]
• Aurora Public Art will offer a “Virtual Tour and Chat from 6:30 to 7 p.m. Aurora Public Art Director Jen Evans will host a virtual gallery tour and announce Aurora Public Art's summer programming. Tune in to learn about all the ways you can connect with Aurora Public Art from the comfort of your living room. [www.facebook.com/aurorapublicart]
• Wesley United Methodist Church will host “Inside the Artist Studio with Teresa Millies” from 5:30 to 6 p.m. Local Aurora fiber and installation artist Teresa Millies shares the inspiration behind her work as well as her new installation that will be a part of Welsey UMC's lawn for pride month. [www.facebook.com/WesleyUnitedMethodistChurch.Aurora]
• Aurora Regional Fire Museum will host “Color Your Own Fire Helmet and Fire Helmet History.” The Aurora Regional Fire Museum will have kits ready to hand out for families to pick up from the museum. Stop by and grab a kit to color your own fire helmet from 5 to 7 p.m. at the museum. Tune into Facebook at 5:30 p.m. to hear an update about the museum, and 6:30 p.m. to learn about the history and use of fire helmets. [www.facebook.com/AuroraRegionalFireMuseum]
• Gary Brown Art will host “Melody of Color by Devan” from 7 to 7:30 p.m. Explore creativity, animation and vibrant colors as Devan shares behind the scenes of an artist. All art displayed in the gallery is for sale. Call 630-768-4591 for commissioned art creations. [www.facebook.com/garybrownart]
For more information, find the Virtual First Fridays event on Facebook, or visit www.auroradowntown.org.